I recently wrote this article for my company Cannings Purple on Corporate Wellness with the arrival of our new standing Vari Desks. It was an initiative that I put forward to my Director. This decision was made after noticing how my body changed sitting all day at my desk compared to my retail job where I would walk and move constantly.
The biggest things I noticed about my body were:
- Increased cellulite on my upper thighs
- Shortened hamstring muscles
- Increased wrist pain and reduced strength (not good for burpees, mountain climbers or push ups which really does not resonate well with me as these are some of my faves!)
- Inability to shed unwanted kilos
- Lack of concentration and the list goes on…