What other way would you want to super charge your Sunday than with a nutritionally dense green protein smoothie. Not only does this smoothie taste fab but is also fructose friendly and filling at the same time. Ah bliss!
This simple smoothie is my weekend treat as I like to refrain from consuming protein powders on the regular and opt for whole proteins such as eggs, tuna, smoked salmon, quinoa, cottage cheese and yogurt during the working week.
The best thing about this smoothie is it takes the whole of 3 minutes to make, can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for a day or two and doesn’t need MasterChef cooking skills to produce, yay!
Makes 1 smoothie / Will fill a glass just under 500ml
- 1 Banana
- 10 Cubes of ice
- 1 Scoop Bare Blends Organic Vanilla Whey Protein Isolate (WPI)
- 1/4 Cup oats
- 1 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon vanilla essence
- A handful of spinach
- 1/4 Cup oat milk (or alternative coconut, almond, quinoa, rice or cows milk). Add a splash or two more for desired consistency
- Add all items to your blender, I use a Thermomix.
- Blend on high for a minute, adding more oat milk as necessary to reach the desired thickness.
- Pour in a cute little cup, mason jar with a straw, hat, shoe whatever you fancy and drink it up!
Remember the longer you leave it the runnier it will get as the ice melts.