Please give a warm welcome my dear friend Cinnamon. Touted for its thermogenic and metabolic boosting properties, cinnamon should be a staple in your pantry when looking to shed some fat. Say hi to your new go to spice with these 3 ways that cinnamon can boost your fat loss: Continue reading
It has been a while my dear friend gratitude.
I haven’t written a post for this section in a while. Of course when I see a beautiful sunset or a calm glassy ocean as I walk the dogs along the sand I feel happy and in turn thankful for this beautiful earth. But sometimes it’s wonderful to cherish those moments and let them live inside you without an interruption of technology.
Well today my friends I break my silence, today I am thankful for…
- My Sistagal. Aka my little sister. The long haired, tanned, professional torpedo swimming little gem! She is such a calming soul and a joy to be around, so today I say thank you Teleah for just being you!
- Meeting New People. Establishing new friendships or rekindling old ones is such a fabulous form of growth. You expand your circle and open your mind to a new world of opportunities and experiences. Give it a try today, reach out to that girl you see on your bus every morning, your commute might may become less mundane.
- Enjoying the old. People I mean, you know, the ones that have stuck by your side through thick and thin and still love you regardless of that time you lost your shit and went temporarily insane. You know who you are, love to you all.
Enjoy today and let’s be thankful. It’s Monday, and work might suck but at least you’ve got a job!
So a few days ago I spoke about coming off my anti-depressants. I am loving that my dependancy on something so small, a teeny white tablet, is becoming less and less.
My reason’s for wanting to try a more natural alternative were the side effects:
- Hunger, all-the-damn-time!
- Inability to shed kilo’s.
- Dry mouth! Imagine your dry mouth hangover but every day.
- Decreased sex drive. Really not confidence boosting when you are about as much fun as a potato sack.
I recently wrote this article for my company Cannings Purple on Corporate Wellness with the arrival of our new standing Vari Desks. It was an initiative that I put forward to my Director. This decision was made after noticing how my body changed sitting all day at my desk compared to my retail job where I would walk and move constantly.
The biggest things I noticed about my body were:
- Increased cellulite on my upper thighs
- Shortened hamstring muscles
- Increased wrist pain and reduced strength (not good for burpees, mountain climbers or push ups which really does not resonate well with me as these are some of my faves!)
- Inability to shed unwanted kilos
- Lack of concentration and the list goes on…
Today, in this moment of my life I am feeling lost in my direction: do I take a left or right turn? Or does this road I am on now lead to gold?
With so many thoughts running through my mind and so many options (that I am grateful to have the opportunity to discover) I chose today to ground myself and show gratitude for the things in life that I am thankful for…
- Progress. The featured image is me this morning. I woke up in agony from my last two weight sessions and wanted to check if the ‘ab fairies’ had worked their magic on me over night. So like a kid at Christmas before doing anything else I lifted my oversized running bare jumper to discover progess? that gorgeous little line between your abdominal muscles. All the hard work is paying off.
- The Nourished Blonde. My personal escape. No matter how lost in life I feel, creating content for my little baby, my blog, always gives me a sense of direction and connection to my passion and purpose.
- Cat Cuddles. When your cat is hiding under the bed and with two clicks of your fingers she emerges in a split second knowing it’s time for cuddles. In these moments you can’t help but smile and be thankful for animals, the love they provide is unconditional and never ending.
Enjoy your day and remember to give the sun a big, beautiful smile to say thank you for giving us this amazing weather!
Ps. Stay tuned for my updates from Bali as I watch one of my gals saying “I Do?”
Our lives are busy. Between work, family, friends and housework (yawn) we often opt to accept our excuses as a valid reason for avoiding particular tasks; washing dishes, working out, cooking healthy food, vacuuming the car and so forth.
My favourite excuse is “I can’t be bothered” which at times can genuinely reflect exhaustion, but for the most part is my lazy girl attitude. So starting as of now I am asking you all to challenge your excuses, delve deeper into the underlying reasons for procrastination and overcome your fears. Continue reading
One Little Birdie said to the other “Little Birdie R U OK…?”
“I noticed you looking a little down on this fine day”
To which the other Little Birdie replied,
“I am feeling quite blue and not sure what to do,”
“This dark storm is not passing, but,”
“Thank you for Asking“
This year I had the joy of working with R U OK? in preparation and delivery of the R U OK? national Thanks for Asking campaign launch at Forrest Place, Perth, on Tuesday the 11th of August.
R U OK? is a suicide prevention charity with a purpose of raising awareness of depression and encouraging us all to ask the question “are you okay?” Because one small conversation could change a life.
The campaign Thanks for Asking is about showing Australia the power of a conversation. It is for those who have benefited from someone asking them that tricky question “are you okay?”, providing support or for just giving a much needed hug during times of hardship to reach out and say “thanks”.
Now there was only one way to describe this event: Continue reading